Barossa Made Soft Leather Satchel in 2 sizes / Prices $240-$295
Barossa Made Soft Leather Satchel
/ barossa meyd sawft leth-er sach -uhI/
1. a satchel made in the Barossa out of high-quality soft leather carried across the body or on the shoulder by a long strap and closed by a flap.
This gorgeous first design made by Sunshine Barossa Australia is nicknamed the "Carol bag" by the crafters. Its use of amazing buttery soft leathers, solid antique brass rings and the natural raw edge of the leather hide used on the flap gives every bag its own one-of-a-kind uniqueness. Now in two sizes due to popular demand. All are proudly South Australian-made and designed in our beautiful Barossa Valley.
These satchels sit across the body with ease with a wide leather strap for comfort. The straps are wider in the middle and tapered towards the ends so can be knotted onto the antique brass rings. This is the way you adjust the strap to suit exactly how you want to wear it and the soft durable leather will mould to your body to give you a very comfortable to wear bag.
Internal open pocket medium bag -14w x 17h (cm)
Internal open pocket large bag - 16.5w x 19.5h (cm)
2 x 3.5 cm diameter solid antique brass rings to attach the handle
Antique brass rivets
Medium - 25h x 22.5w x 3.5d (cm)
Large - 25h x 30.5w x 3.5d (cm)
Leather strap 7-8cm wide in middle tapered to 2.5cm wide
Strap Length - 172cm before knotting onto the bag
Disclosure for all leather products:
Here at Sunshine Barossa Australia, we seek to celebrate what nature has created. Please remember when purchasing this Sunshine Barossa product that your piece is made from natural hide and there may be slight differences between the product pictured and the product you receive as no two natural hides are the same. There may be slight variations in appearance, colour, tone, markings and pattern. There may also be small lines (scars) or other markings on a natural hide. These variations are not faults or defects, they are a part of the unique charm of a natural hide product.
- There are a few things to remember about leather products. As leather is a precious material that comes from an animal, each hide will vary in the finish.
- The vegetable tanned leather and semi-vegetable tanned leather is washed which exposes the natural grain and variation in each hide. We don't cut around these minor imperfections; we love them and often use some of the imperfections to create the uniqueness of your bag.
- All leather has scars from the animals' life journeys, as do we humans, and this makes every hide we use unique.
- With time and wear, leather becomes even more beautiful and will quite often mould to your body shape when worn a lot.
- To maintain the beauty of your handcrafted leather goods, we recommend rubbing in with a soft cloth before use and every couple of months the 'Sunshine Barossa Australia Bees Wax Leather Conditioner' to treat the product, help stop the leather drying out, staining and just keeping it looking wonderful to increase your products life span.
- If the leather is a lighter shade of colour, spray a leather protective product on the outside, and inside if the bag is not lined which will add extra protection against colours transferring on you nude leathers (eg.denim)
- Do not put leather pieces on the ground or rub against abrasive surfaces.
- Be aware that some colours may transfer onto clothing. This can't be helped with the dying process of each hide.