The Strong Raw Leather Tote
The Strong Raw Leather Tote
/th ee strong raw leth-er toht/
1. Made in the Barossa Valley a leather tote handcrafted from a sturdy leather which is left with no lining as the leather is such high quality.
Designed and made right here in the Barossa Valley, the Strong Leather Tote is a large bag designed for everyday use. Handcrafted from strong, sturdy high-quality hides, the ‘raw’ part of the name is due to the internal parts of the bag is left unlined, or raw, due to the beautiful underside of the leather. These bags are generally made using one-off hides that, once used, won't be found again, making them a sought after and exclusive Sunshine Barossa item to own.
On the front in a contrast leather is the Sunshine Barossa Australia Logo stitched on beautifully. The hardware used is hand-hammered solid copper rivets which as you all know copper gets more unique with age. Upon opening the bag, the first thing you notice, apart from its generous size, is the gorgeous suede of the underside of the leather. It’s just so stunning and soft to the touch! Featuring contrasting leather handles, an open internal pocket, this practical bag is sure to turn heads and be with you for a very long time.
There are 2 styles, one with stitching on the inside and one with stitching on the outside creating a different look to the bag.
80cm long x 2.5cm wide straps x 2 (62cm from top of bag)
Stunning strong and sturdy New Zealand leather used and left raw inside to see the beauty of the reverse suede
Solid copper Rivets
30w x 36h x 10d(cm)
Open internal pocket - 23w x 17.5h (cm) seamed into two areas making one 7cm wide and the other 15 cm wide between stitching
Disclosure for all leather products:
Here at Sunshine Barossa Australia, we seek to celebrate what nature has created. Please remember when purchasing this Sunshine Barossa product that your piece is made from natural hide and there may be slight differences between the product pictured and the product you receive as no two natural hides are the same. There may be slight variations in appearance, colour, tone, markings and pattern. There may also be small lines (scars) or other markings on a natural hide. These variations are not faults or defects, they are a part of the unique charm of a natural hide product.
- There are a few things to remember about leather products. As leather is a precious material that comes from an animal, each hide will vary in the finish.
- The vegetable tanned leather and semi-vegetable tanned leather is washed which exposes the natural grain and variation in each hide. We don't cut around these minor imperfections; we love them and often use some of the imperfections to create the uniqueness of your bag.
- All leather has scars from the animals' life journeys, as do we humans, and this makes every hide we use unique.
- With time and wear, leather becomes even more beautiful and will quite often mould to your body shape when worn a lot.
- To maintain the beauty of your handcrafted leather goods, we recommend rubbing in with a soft cloth before use and every couple of months the 'Sunshine Barossa Australia Bees Wax Leather Conditioner' to treat the product, help stop the leather drying out, staining and just keeping it looking wonderful to increase your products life span.
- If the leather is a lighter shade of colour, spray a leather protective product on the outside, and inside if the bag is not lined which will add extra protection against colours transferring on you nude leathers (eg.denim)
- Do not put leather pieces on the ground or rub against abrasive surfaces.
- Be aware that some colours may transfer onto clothing. This can't be helped with the dying process of each hide.