Leather Hair Barrettes/Clips
Leather Hair Barrettes/Clips
/leth-er hair buh-ret/klip/
1. a leather clasp with a wooden stick for holding a person's hair in place with style.
When the hotter weather is slowly coming back it is nice to remove our hair off our neck or put half up out of our faces to stay cooler. These hair barrettes/clips handcrafted from quality vintage leather and laser engraved with beautiful art are the perfect solution for this. Proudly Australian-made they have a great 70's, Boho vibe.
The designer/maker Carol has fond memories of her mother wearing these in her long dark shiny hair during her childhood and was really excited to bring them back in style within her Sunshine Barossa range for this time of year.
*Note- Every wooden clasp can be a different pattern and size as it is shown in the photos
Stunning Vintage Leather
Laser engraved art on leather
Fastened with a decorative wooden stick
flat - 4.5h x 14l(cm) this is adjustable for any hair type.
*note - for thinner hair a smaller one is available. No pictures available yet (3cm x 9cm)
Disclosure for all leather products:
Here at Sunshine Barossa Australia, we seek to celebrate what nature has created. Please remember when purchasing this Sunshine Barossa product that your piece is made from natural hide and there may be slight differences between the product pictured and the product you receive as no two natural hides are the same. There may be slight variations in appearance, colour, tone, markings and pattern. There may also be small lines (scars) or other markings on a natural hide. These variations are not faults or defects, they are a part of the unique charm of a natural hide product.
- There are a few things to remember about leather products. As leather is a precious material that comes from an animal, each hide will vary in the finish.
- The vegetable tanned leather and semi-vegetable tanned leather is washed which exposes the natural grain and variation in each hide. We don't cut around these minor imperfections; we love them and often use some of the imperfections to create the uniqueness of your bag.
- All leather has scars from the animals' life journeys, as do we humans, and this makes every hide we use unique.
- With time and wear, leather becomes even more beautiful and will quite often mould to your body shape when worn a lot.
- To maintain the beauty of your handcrafted leather goods, we recommend rubbing in with a soft cloth before use and every couple of months the 'Sunshine Barossa Australia Bees Wax Leather Conditioner' to treat the product, help stop the leather drying out, staining and just keeping it looking wonderful to increase your products life span.
- If the leather is a lighter shade of colour, spray a leather protective product on the outside, and inside if the bag is not lined which will add extra protection against colours transferring on you nude leathers (eg.denim)
- Do not put leather pieces on the ground or rub against abrasive surfaces.
- Be aware that some colours may transfer onto clothing. This can't be helped with the dying process of each hide.